SIV is your next building block once you are out of a school. The number of hours you need before embarking on an SIV course is a myth, as everything is tailored to you as a pilot. As pilots we fly in an active environment, Elevate is here to help prepare you for that mentally and physically, giving you the tools and confidence you need to stay safe in the air.
We will help you to think clearly in stressful situations, to enable you to make the right decisions. The ultimate goal is to give you the skills and knowledge to avoid these situations altogether. Whatever your goals are, be it to just enjoy some weekend ridge soaring, smash your xc goals or venture into advanced wing control such as acro, we are here to help you do it safely and keep doing it for a long time to come.
Prices & information
The cost of the trip is £1,000 with accommodation for 7 nights in a luxury villa. Breakfast included.
£800 per person per week for course only.
Accommodation supplement for a non-fling family member is £300.
The course includes:
Please note the following is not included and must be arranged independently although recommendations can be provided:
- Pre-trip consultation to identify personal objectives
- Twice daily transport to launch on SIV manoeuvre days
- A safety boat on SIV manoeuvre days
- Wet bags for radios
- Crew Saver 290n life jackets
- Full expert tuition throughout the course
- Daily pre-flight and post-flight briefings
- Daily debrief using on board GoPro footage and filmed by our camera man on the ground
- Edited video footage of your week’s manoeuvres (£30)
Some items of kit to remember:
- Airport transfer
- Forestry tax up to launch 44L per trip (Subject to change)
- Lunchtime and evening meals
- Travel insurance
- Glider in fully serviceable condition.
- Harness with adequate back protection. We fly over water but take off and touch down over land.
- Suitable reserve parachute system that has been checked and repacked within the last 12 months.
- At least one 2M Radio able to receive and transmit from 142.100 up to 146.400, we do recommend each pilot brings a second spare radio if possible.
Example SIV Programme
||Arrive at the Villa
|Sunday – AM
||10 AM – Meet for Kit Check and Initial Briefing
|Sunday – PM
||Orientation flight – To establish comfort with Radio, Life Jacket, GoPro and Heading Instructions
|Monday – Thursday
||2 x Instructional Flights per day covering the following manoeuvres:
Pitch Control and Energy Management (Wingovers)
Asymmetrical / Symmetrical Deflations both unaccelerated and accelerated (speedbar)
Held in Asymmetrical / Symmetrical Deflations both unaccelerated and accelerated (speedbar)
Raid Descent Techniques such as Big Ears, Big Big Ears, B-Line Stalls and Spiral Dives
Search for Spin
||Pleasure Flight / Reserve day in case of bad weather
||Depart from Ölüdeniz
Interested in ACRO?
Are you are interested in progressing in to acro flying? You can get a taste on the SIV with SAT and wingovers.
If you would like to really progress into acro we will tailor the SIV with this in mind.
The prerequisites for the acro coaching are spin to backfly and a 360 spin with a positive exit. Once these manoeuvres are mastered it gives you a great base to safely progress into the world of acro and move onto the faster paced acro coaching course.